About Highland Park Community
State of Inc.
What We Do
Client Care Coordinator
At Highland Park Community Development Corporation, CCCs will be utilized to bridge the gap between families and their needed resources. They will provide a service to vulnerable families by linking them to the appropriate community service providers such as Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse Services, Sex Abuse Services, as well as services for the Sex Offender population we serve. At Tilden Hall/Doña Elise’s, we have identified some of the most concerning areas of deficit for families.
What We Provide
At Childcare, all our activities and lesson plans are designed to keep the children engaged and reinforce early childhood education learning strategies. Some of our signature activities are Circle Time includes, including reading different books to the children and allowing them to identify colors, shapes, and animals in various books – we always applaud their efforts and skills to build self-confidence. Lesson Time focuses on crucial early childhood skills such as handwriting their names, recognizing similar and different things such as shapes, sizes, colors, and doing arts& crafts worksheets that help teach and reinforce knowledge of their ABCs 123s, colors, and shapes. Free Play is just that, fun playtime together. During this time, the children play with different toys and games while also learning overall social skills – interacting and sharing with each other. At Childcare, we promote a language-rich environment – one in which children are surrounded by talking, singing, and reading. We have many opportunities throughout their day, across all activities, to communicate with others and engage in back-and-forth conversations. A rich language environment is essential to children’s early learning. It can have substantial effects on early language, vocabulary, reading, math skills, and children’s social-emotional development. In addition to these activities, we serve healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks to reinforce healthy eating to keep our children energized throughout the day.
Meet Our Housing Specialists
- Conduct weekly meetings residents of the facility to discuss housing options
- Maintain accurate and timely updated notes on all housing encounters with client
- Complete and submit application inquiries for qualified housing programs on behalf of client
- Explain programs details to client or potential options in the TriState Area
- Refer Clients to potential viewings or housing opportunities that become available
- Complete and Submit all program completed Move Packages
- Physically Inspect Apartment Units
- Provide mediation and advocacy with brokers/landlords/DHS and HRA on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and or maintain housing.
- Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs.
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities.
- Assist client with acquiring Move Truck